A two-step authentication process or setup is used when you are shifting from your old phone to a new one. It is recommended that till the time, you haven’t completed the process, make sure that you do not throw away the phone till the settings have been completed. The process can be completed with the same application, recovery question or the email address that you had used. This blog will discuss each and every necessary requirement that is required for two-step authentication required for Xero login in your smartphone. For any further details, the number at Xero customer care number will be at your service 24X7.
Details to be kept in mind while moving to a new phone:
When you are moving the two-step authentication to a new phone for the Xero login, you need to keep the following things in mind.
- Disable the existing account.
- This will help Xero to generate a new barcode or key required to sync the new application with the software.
- To disable the 2SA, you need your old phone.
- When setting the 2SA in the new phone, either uses the same authenticator application or a different The same recovery questions and email address can be used. If you wish, you can change them and use new ones.
How to set up the two-step authentication on the new phone
Step 1- Disabling the existing account
- Log in to the Xero accounting software with the help of recovery method or authenticator application, whichever is suitable for you.
- Click on the profile image and go to accounts.
- Select disable, under 2SA
- Provide the 6-digit code, and choose the option to disable.
Step 2- Setting the authentication application:
- Download the authenticator application on the phone.
- Login to the Xero account, click on profile image and go to accounts. Select the option of setup under 2SA.
- Once the authenticator app has been downloaded, begin the setup process. If already the app was installed, then click on add account.
- Enter the barcode which will be shown in Xero to the application. You can either scan it or enter it manually.
- After providing the code, click next.
- A new 6-digit code will be generated by the authenticator application. Enter it in the Xero account.
- Then choose any three security questions that can be used as a recovery method.
This process talks about when you have access to your old phone and you can download and install the authentication app with its help. But if you lose your phone or can’t remember the security question, then it is advised that you take the help from technical executives at Xero customer support number.