While completing transactions online or while using any accounting software there is always the risk of a security breach that could cause you to lose data, or worse lose money. The two-step authentication feature on your Xero software is a security feature that helps to protect your data and keeps your account secure. The authentication feature, which is also known as 2SA, needs a unique authentication code in addition to the login details when signing in to Xero. The code that is required is generated by an authenticator app. You can call the Xero customer support number and speak to a software expert to find out which app is compatible with your operating system so that you can download it and complete the installation steps. Once you download and install an authenticator app you can go through this article to get a general overview of how to set up two-step authentication using the Xero authenticator app.
Steps to set up Xero Authenticator
When you want to use Xero Authenticator you will need to set it up in the web version of Xero and then use it to log in into the mobile app. You can follow the instructions given below to set up Xero authenticator:
- Step 1: Sign in to your Xero account and go to the ‘Account’ option.
- Step 2: Open the ‘Two-step authentication’ settings and click ‘Setup.’
- Step 3: Run the authenticator app and tap the plus icon to add an account.
- Step 4: Scan the barcode that is shown in Xero using the authenticator app.
- Step 5: If that does not work you can manually enter the account and key.
- Step 6: Check your phone for an authentication code from Xero authenticator.
- Step 7: Type the code in the given field in Xero and press ‘Next’ to continue.
- Step 8: Select three security questions and provide answers for the same.
- Step 9: Review the security questions and answers and click ‘Next.’
The security question are an added security level in case you do not have access to the Xero authenticator app. After you enter your security questions your two-step authentication set up process is complete and can be used the next time you want to sign in to your Xero account. If you have any trouble completing the steps mentioned above, you can call the Xero customer service number and reach out to a trained software technician to complete the set up process and begin using Xero authenticator. Xero software experts are available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you detailed solutions for any technical error you may encounter while using Xero.