Xero is an outstanding accounting software. They are a New Zealand based software organization which has taken the idea of providing accounting benefits to a whole new level. Several business organizations have been effectively using this service for a long time now. It has been a key software which has been aiding accountants and bookkeeping with their complex accounting activities. They make sure that their services are efficiently accessible by every business irrespective of their size and nature. They have a clear understanding that small businesses are the heart of every nation, as they are the ones who always contribute to most of the GDP of the nation. Xero has been working effectively in providing better apps, tools, and services for small business to function more efficiently. You can connect with the Xero customer care number and avail more information in regard to the services that they have on offer. The professionals would give you more detailed information about their services.
One of the common requirements of users who use this software is the need to print the standard report using Xero. In this blog, the process of printing or emailing the standard receipt has to be brought to you in a simplified manner. Having the printout or email of the standard report is essential when you have made a batch deposit or even received some payments from your customers. It is seen to be ideal that you generate a standard receipt and send it across to your customer as a PDF which would act as proof that you have received the amount.
The process to mail the receipt
- In your Xero account, you would have to navigate to the Account Menu and then further click on the tab which is for Bank Accounts
- You would see a list of banks from which you would now have to select the one in which you have received the payment
- Further, search and then click on one of these given options that you would see on the screen of your selected bank
- Payments: Multiple Items
- Payments: Multiple Items
- Name of the Customer (Receive Money Transactions)
- Now you would have to click on the option of Send Receipts in the case where you have made a batch payment or you would have to first click on options and then select the Send Receipt option if you have made a single payment
- Further, you would be able to enter or edit the information from the windows to send receipt as PDF
- Once you have completed all the said steps, click on the ‘Send’ option
Users can utilize this method which has been provided by Xero to generate the online standard Receipt as PDF file for a single batch or batch payment that you have received. In case, you come across any issue while undertaking this said process, you can promptly connect with the Xero customer service number and take the assistance from trained experts who would smoothly guide you through the complete process.
A two-step authentication process or setup is used when you are shifting from your old phone to a new one. It is recommended that till the time, you haven’t completed the process, make sure that you do not throw away the phone till the settings have been completed. The process can be completed with the same application, recovery question or the email address that you had used. This blog will discuss each and every necessary requirement that is required for two-step authentication required for Xero login in your smartphone. For any further details, the number at Xero customer care number will be at your service 24X7.
Details to be kept in mind while moving to a new phone:
When you are moving the two-step authentication to a new phone for the Xero login, you need to keep the following things in mind.
- Disable the existing account.
- This will help Xero to generate a new barcode or key required to sync the new application with the software.
- To disable the 2SA, you need your old phone.
- When setting the 2SA in the new phone, either uses the same authenticator application or a different The same recovery questions and email address can be used. If you wish, you can change them and use new ones.
How to set up the two-step authentication on the new phone
Step 1- Disabling the existing account
- Log in to the Xero accounting software with the help of recovery method or authenticator application, whichever is suitable for you.
- Click on the profile image and go to accounts.
- Select disable, under 2SA
- Provide the 6-digit code, and choose the option to disable.
Step 2- Setting the authentication application:
- Download the authenticator application on the phone.
- Login to the Xero account, click on profile image and go to accounts. Select the option of setup under 2SA.
- Once the authenticator app has been downloaded, begin the setup process. If already the app was installed, then click on add account.
- Enter the barcode which will be shown in Xero to the application. You can either scan it or enter it manually.
- After providing the code, click next.
- A new 6-digit code will be generated by the authenticator application. Enter it in the Xero account.
- Then choose any three security questions that can be used as a recovery method.
This process talks about when you have access to your old phone and you can download and install the authentication app with its help. But if you lose your phone or can’t remember the security question, then it is advised that you take the help from technical executives at Xero customer support number.
Xero is a highly sought after cloud-based accounting software which provides the users with accurate numbers anywhere, anytime and even on any device. Xero has assisted in building a trusted relationship with small business clients with the help of online collaboration. This is a service which is used by over 1.5 million users around the globe. This service has help take a lot of burden off the shoulders of the users and the best part is they can access their data from anywhere. Xero has also made sure that they cater to all the needs of the users in the best ways possible. Users are provided with the benefit of Xero customer care number at all times. This is a customer support which the users can avail at any time to cater to concerns of any kind. They would provide the users with prompt solutions on every query that they would come up with.
One of the common query that the users come across with is regarding transfer of Xero subscription. It has often been seen that users while working for an organization would take the subscription of Xero on their profile which they later wish to transfer to an organization or someone else. This is often seen when a user subscribes to Xero when they start up with an organization. When they later expand to a well of business they come across this need of having to transfer the subscription in the name of the organization. Xero as aptly catered to this need of the users. They have made it functional that a user can efficiently transfer the subscription using some simple steps. Inculcating these steps have aided a lot of users who have subscribed to Xero.
Process to be undertaken to transfer Xero Subscription
In a simple overview Xero has made sure that if you have the principle role in practice, you can efficiently transfer the subscription for an organization to someone else where the person who takes over the subscription then becomes liable for the monthly payment to Xero. You can simply resend or even cancel an invitation to transfer a subscription.
The steps to transfer the Subscription are as follows:
- Initially, you would have to choose the organization’s name of which you want to transfer the subscription and then you have to select the option “My Xero”.
- To the right-hand side, you would find few options under the heading of subscription.
- There you would then have to select the option which says “Transfer”.
- After you have done the above-given steps, you would further have to fill in the name and email address of the new subscriber.
- Once you have filled the required information, click on the option of “Request Transfer”.
The transfer would only be completed when the person whom you have nominated to take over the subscription accepts the invite. You would receive an email confirmation stating the acceptance of the new subscriber and the subscription transfer would be complete.
If you come across any doubts in the process to be followed and wish to garner more information, you can do so effectively by connecting with the Xero technical support number. They would provide you with trained professionals who have complete knowledge of guiding you through the process.
Xero Account is a cloud-based accounting software that gives you the luxury of completing different accounting tasks on one platform. Through Xero Account you can sync your bank transactions, contact accountants and process invoices much faster. This article explores how you can import you ban statements to Xero Account so that it becomes easier to manage your finances. If you want a more detailed guide for important your data you can contact Xero customer care number and speak to a certified expert about the same.
Steps to Import Bank Statements in Xero Account
The Xero Import Bank Transactions tool makes it very easy to transfer your transaction data from a CSV file. You can follow the steps given below to import your bank statements:
- Go to your bank website and download your bank statement and open it with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- You can edit the bank statement to keep only what information you need. Bear in mind that it is important to retain all the information related to dates, descriptions and transaction amounts.
- Once you are done editing the bank statement as per your preference you can save it on your computer. Remember to save it as a format that is compatible with Xero. Xero allows you to upload three different types of files OFX, QIF and CVS. It is recommended that you use the CVS format.
- To import the file to Xero go to the Manage Account section and click on ‘Import a Statement’. Click on the browse button and navigate to the location where you saved the CSV bank statement. When you are ready to upload the bank transactions just click ‘Import’.
- In case the is the first bank statement you are importing to Xero the software will ask you to check if the fields in the CSV file are mapped correctly with the fields in Xero.
- Go through all the fields one by one to make sure the data in the bank statement corresponds to the data in Xero. If this is the first time you are importing data then go slowly as it may be a little confusing at the start.
- If the data is imported correctly you will observe that the date field of the statement corresponds to the transaction date filed in Xero. The same can be said of the amount filed in the bank statement and the transaction amount field in Xero.
- Apart from the date and transaction fields, you should check to make sure the payee and the description field in the bank statement and in Xero are mapped correctly.
- Once you are satisfied with the mapping just click save and you will be able to see the reports of the import.
Once all the transactions are uploaded you can reconcile the bank transactions with the general ledger in Xero. If you have any difficulty in the steps mentioned above or if you notice any discrepancies between the information in your bank statement and the information in Xero you should contact Xero technical support number as soon as possible. A certified expert will be happy to give a step-by-step guide on how to correct any data error while importing bank statements in Xero Account.
Your VAT return is basically a calculation of the value-added-tax that needs to be paid to or in some cases reimbursed by the HMRC. If you are a VAT registered business then you will be required to file your VAT returns on a quarterly basis. Thanks to Xero filing your VAT returns online has never been easier. As a cloud-based accounting software, Xero is specifically designed to help small or medium sized businesses keep a track of their finances online. Because of the legal issues involved, you should always consult an expert before submitting your VAT returns. If you feel that you need help completing the process you can contact Xero customer care number and seek additional assistance. You can also read through the steps and suggestions given in this article so that you can complete the VAT return process without any hassles.
Important Points before Preparing VAT Return
Here are some important points to keep in mind before you begin to prepare your VAT return in Xero:
- Be sure to go through all the transactions for the return period to make sure the information entered is accurate
- Run the bank reconciliation summary to make sure all the accounts are reconciled with the end if the return period.
- Create a general ledger report and verify any transactions that may appear on the Exceptions tab
- Double check the financial settings to certify your VAT details
- Publish the returns for any previous period according to the date
How to run your VAT Return?
If you have checked and verified all the transactions for the return period then you can follow the steps given below to run your VAT Return on Xero:
- Step 1: Open Xero and login in
- Step 2: Go to the Accountingmenu and select ‘Reports’.
- Step 3: Look for the Tax section and click on ‘VAT Return’.
- Step 4: Choose the ending date of the return period and click ‘Update’
- Step 5: You have the option to save as a draft so that you can finish your return checks before the final submission.
- Step 6: If all the information is accurate you can click ‘File VAT Now’ to complete the process.
VAT Adviser Review
Before you finalize your VAT Return Xero recommends that you get it reviewed first. Any user in the organization who has adviser access can be asked to review the VAT Return. You can follow the steps given below to request a review:
- Go to the green window at the top of your VAT return
- Select the highlighted option that reads “ask your adviser to review this return.”
- Choose an adviser from the list given, type your message and click ‘Send’.
If you need the VAT Return for future reference you can export it using Google sheets or Microsoft Excel. If you have any trouble preparing your VAT Return on Xero you should contact Xero technical support number and ask for help. A team of professional Xero experts is available 24 hours a day to provide quality technical assistance to resolve any VAT error you may encounter on Xero.